Popular posts from this blog
Difference Between the Ode and Ekphrasis Drafts
The main difference between writing an ode and an ekphrasis in class was our generating steps. For the ode, we brainstormed concrete words that branched off “I Love.” We then brainstormed again using one word from our original brainstorm map. This resulted in one word: fire, that I was able to write an ode to, using the structure of the mentor text. However, for the ekphrasis, instead of brainstorming words, we found a poem that intrigued us. Then, we free wrote for 10 mins to let our imagination run free. This activity let us see what exactly we were thinking about, when looking at the painting, because we wrote down all our thoughts. Along with researching the painter and the painting, we then wrote an ekphrasis to the painting using our mentor text. I thought this difference in the brainstorming stage was really helpful, because it got us to think about each type of poem in a different way, therefore our final poems turned out very unique. My handwritten notes: 1: ode brai...
Concrete Structures Reflection
This is the concrete candle holder I made in class. We got a mould outline on paper, and I taped this outline to a piece of plastic poster board. Using an x-acto knife, I cut out the mould, and lightly marked the folds by making shallow cuts with the blade. Since I used x-acto knives in my summer architectural program, I already had some experience. I'm grateful for this experience, because a cleaner mould cutout created straight edges in my concrete candle holder. The left photo is of my concrete structure still in it's mould of a plastic bottle. The hole in the middle was created by placing a straw in wet concrete, and I let this dry by leaning the bottle against a roll of tape to create a "slant" effect. I was going for an abstract, unique structure, and I think I succeeded.
Comments
Post a Comment