Popular posts from this blog
Difference Between the Ode and Ekphrasis Drafts
The main difference between writing an ode and an ekphrasis in class was our generating steps. For the ode, we brainstormed concrete words that branched off “I Love.” We then brainstormed again using one word from our original brainstorm map. This resulted in one word: fire, that I was able to write an ode to, using the structure of the mentor text. However, for the ekphrasis, instead of brainstorming words, we found a poem that intrigued us. Then, we free wrote for 10 mins to let our imagination run free. This activity let us see what exactly we were thinking about, when looking at the painting, because we wrote down all our thoughts. Along with researching the painter and the painting, we then wrote an ekphrasis to the painting using our mentor text. I thought this difference in the brainstorming stage was really helpful, because it got us to think about each type of poem in a different way, therefore our final poems turned out very unique. My handwritten notes: 1: ode brai...
Concrete Object Project (#2 - TRIAL 1)
Now that I have my CAD program set and a solid idea, I started creating the mould to pour my concrete in. I used the same material from our last project, plaster-board, to create the outside of my mold. Since I was making this triangle object, I created a triangular prism without the top as my external mold. Next, I created small pieces for each of the side triangles (rectangles attached to triangles that would fold over) and placed them in each corner of the triangular prism. Since this plaster board had ridges, I needed a way to cover up the holes that resulted from folding the board over, so Mr. Williams suggested I use small strips of balsa wood. I just used the glue gun to glue these strips into place, and I was done with my mold. This is what it looked like before pouring concrete into it: After the concrete dried, I cut open the mold to reveal my object. I haven't taken any pictures of it yet, but it didn't look very good. The inner corners were very uneven be...
Comments
Post a Comment